Friday, May 2, 2008

More from Cambodia

We've got a long weekend this weekend and aren't doing too much for it. We're going to head into Seoul on Sunday to see the Lotus Lantern parade (which celebrates Buddha's Birthday). We've heard good things about it and we hope it lives up to the hype. We actually have a long weekend next weekend too. Definitely a nice way to start off May.

It was 27 degrees here today. Way too hot for this early in May (or anytime in May for that matter). I'm definitely not looking forward to the summer. It's going to be miserable. I suspect Meg will be better prepared for it (having lived in Nashville) than me. I'm a little concerned. I don't do so well with extreme heat.

I've still be sorting through the massive amounts of Angkor Wat photos I took. So I figured I'd post a few more:


Meg took an elephant ride. This is her on her elephant about to enter the South Gate of Angkor Thom. I rode an elephant when I was in Thailand a few years back so I just followed behind on foot taking photos. I think the elephant driver thought I was nuts.




Another photo of the sunrise at Angkor. We really enjoyed the sunrises. We woke up at 4am twice to see it. We probably would've done it a third time if we had stayed any longer.


Bayon Temple is the second most popular of the Angkor temples. People really like the faces that are prominent throughout the temple. This is me with one of the faces (you can see a few more in the background). I really liked Bayton, I think we would have liked it a bit more if it wasn't crowded when we were there.

A monk entering the Angkor Wat Temple. I was pretty lucky to get this photo as the temple was quite overly crowded that day. I was just in the right place at the right time. The people around me were also very considerate when they saw I was taking photos and none of them walked into my frame.

We saw a bunch of Monkeys wandering around Angkor Wat Temple one morning. They were trying to hit the tourists up for food. This guy managed to get an orange and took off away from the pack with it.

The trees and Angkor were amazing. We've never seen anything like them. I could have looked at them all day.

2 comments:

Andrew Patterson said...

Wow, those are some nice shots Paul! And Meg looks pretty happy on the elephant ride!

andrew said...

paul - do you want to send me an autographed hi-res version of that sunset shot? it's gorgeous, and i'd kinda like to get it printed...