Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why the kids have difficulties learning English

Every lesson, my coteacher and I play at least one video from our CD-Rom (we usually play three). The first is generally an animated video and the second and third are live action videos. The same characters appear in both the animations and the live action movies. The animated movie is a bit longer, while the live actions are usually only twenty or thirty seconds long. Most of the time I have a difficult time trying to determine what exactly the target of the lesson is, as the videos aren't the greatest. However, I always enjoy the awkward conversations (but not really).

I've uploaded a bunch of my videos onto Youtube and I've linked a few of my favourites to give an idea of what I have to teach every day.

In the first video, Kevin points at Ann's face and makes everyone involved uncomfortable. I believe it's his way of telling her that she has ice cream on her nose, but maybe he's just a jerk. I'm not really sure...




In the second video, Kevin seems to taunt Ann's violin ability. Kevin also seems to have difficulties with concepts such as dates and time. Whenever Ann mentions them it seems to take the poor kid an awfully long time to comprehend.



In final video, Cindy gets a little forward with Jinho. After learning his name, her second question is "Where is his room?". Meg also likes that although Cindy is from Australia, she has no accent whatsoever.



These are just the first three videos of many, many more. If people enjoy them I'll post more in the future.

1 comment:

Andrew Patterson said...

Wow, chicks from Australia waste no time!