Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Brief Update

There hasn't been much to write about lately. It's been pretty hot recently so we've taken to staying indoors. The humidity is disgusting and even when it's cloudy I find my clothes completely soaked with sweat by the time I walk home from school (about 25 minutes). Similar to Nashville, the nights aren't much better than the days.

Our school term has ended (well mine ends on Tuesday) and so we both will be teaching a Summer camp for the next couple of weeks. Our reward will be another two weeks in Japan. Unfortunately, the heat in Japan won't be much better (at least down in the Kyoto area where we'll be spending a good deal of time).

I've been organizing my photos again, and I wasn't sure if we ever posted any from Vietnam (I think I only put up our Angkor photos from that trip). While Angkor Wat was definitely the highlight of the trip (and probably our year here - for me at least), Meg and I preferred Vietnam to Cambodia and Thailand. We'd both love to go back and spend more time there.


A flower in front of a temple gate.

Ho Chi Minh's Palace in Ha Noi.

Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum



A man sits in his boat at Hoi An harbour.

Hoi An harbour.

Torn Vietnamese flags in the harbour at Hoi An.

There were propaganda poster all over Vietnam that Meg and I thought were pretty cool.

An HIV poster in Hue.

No comments: