Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Which is the Most Favorite Place?

As a Canadian, my visa only came with a single entry permit (Meg's came with multiple entries since she's an American) so I decided to register myself at the Government of Korea's immigration website and apply for multiple entry status. After filling out a couple of pages with personal data I was taken to a page that is probably familiar to most people. I needed to create my username, password and choose a password hint. Nothing special. Or at least I expected it to be nothing more than selecting from the typical "What city were you born in?, What's your mother's maiden name?", etc... I could help but laugh when I saw the translations on some of these timeless identity questions. And then I captured screenshots to prove that you can't make this stuff up. Click on the screen capture below. It's worth it. Trust me.



For those who are too lazy, some of my personal favourites include:
  • Which is the most favorite place?
  • What is the first priceless treasure?
  • What date do you want to remember for a long time?
  • What is the most impressive book's title?
  • Which movie did you see impressively?
  • Who is your respectful person?

And my personal favourite (which was really tough to choose from this list of winners): "What is the most favorite paragraph you have read?" At least I know now that if I ever need to call the Korean Immigration office it is unlikely I'll talk to someone who speaks a form of English I'll be able to understand.

1 comment:

Andrew Patterson said...

Right now my favourite paragraph might be:

And my personal favourite (which was really tough to choose from this list of winners): "What is the most favorite paragraph you have read?" At least I know now that if I ever need to call the Korean Immigration office it is unlikely I'll talk to someone who speaks a form of English I'll be able to understand.

But I'm not sure how I'd explain that on a one line input on a web form.